You are crossing the Erfjord on the only bridge over this 16-kilometre fjord. It is a suspension bridge, completed in November 1963, with a total length of 294 metres and a main span of 228 metres.
The village on the eastern shore is Hålandsosen. It was the administrative centre of the old Erfjord municipality, which existed from 1914 until 1965 when it was merged into Suldal. The Erfjord Church is located here.
Just above the village is Hålandstunet, a historic farmstead that has been part of Ryfylke Museum since 1998. It was in the same family from 1570 until the museum took over. Between 1640 and 1740, it served as the sheriff's court. The painted room called Målastova dates from the 1640s and is one of the few decorated rooms of its kind preserved in Norway. When electricity was installed in 1913, workers found a Bible from 1550 hidden behind a wall panel. Only 35 copies of this early Danish Bible translation are known to exist in Norway.